Thursday, August 11, 2011

There's a First Time for Everything! Number one, here we go . . .

So I have had this blog set up for a year, and I am finally getting it going for my friends and family. If I explained my reasoning for waiting so long, some might call me anal...or just crazy. We just won't go there.   :)

I want to begin my first post with one of the greatest blessings Matt and I have to share: our first home! Last June, we moved in with my father-in-law in the small town of Magnet Cove to save up for a house, and it seemed like it would be FOREVER until we reached one of the biggest moments in a newlywed couple's life. Low and behold, however, the time came sooner than later, and here we are a year later in our beautiful home. OUR HOME! I love the sound of it! We look forward to making many memories and are truly thankful for every minute we spend here.

Enjoy the pictures! I had to take one of the outside today (in the rain) because I can't seem to find the ones we took the other day. Hopefully after all of this rain our yard will turn green again! 

Entry way and living room BEFORE


Entry way and living room AFTER




Breakfast area


Kitchen BEFORE

Kitchen AFTER


Matt's office (work in progress!)

Mattison's room and guest bedroom
She painted these canvases that I'll eventually frame and collage above her bed

Another work in progress 

Mattison's Bathroom

Master bedroom and bath







1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the start of your blog, Jessica. Love your house! Best of luck and love living there!
    Love,
    Roberta and Tom

    ReplyDelete